My friend Angie left the following comment here on the blog:
"Hey Renee! I miss you. I am having Renee withdrawal so I have tagged you on my blog. I can't wait to read some random facts about you."
I miss you, too, Angie! Angie and I got to see each other twice in one month. Now that's a rare treat.
And then yesterday I was tagged again by LeAnne, a new friend in Australia (who was tagged by my Kent). So I guess it's time for me to join the game.
Aww-ight. First the rules...
Link to your tagger and post these 3 rules on your blog:
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 7 facts...
- I love words. I'm a freak for etymology and love knowing the source of unusual words and idiomatic terms. Ever wonder why truck drivers are called teamsters or why we measure the power of a car in horsepower?
- No surprise, then, that I'm also a trivia buff. But you might be surprised to know that I once tried out for Jeopardy! It's REALLY hard to get on that show. The test they give you is about 10 times harder than the questions they ask on the show. They do that purposely. They figure if you can pass that test, you'll do great in the pressure cooker environment on the show. And yes, Alex can pass the test. I didn't.
- I've always wanted to be an artist. I never told anyone. I was always considered "smart" and encouraged to pursue academics. But the worm eventually turns and here I am. Go figure.
- My all-time favorite movie is Romy & Michele's High School Reunion. (I didn't say best movie or most inspirational move. Just favorite movie.) It always makes me laugh out loud no matter how many times I watch it. "Have a Romy & Michele day!"
- I used to commute from Greenwich, CT to New York City every day. One evening on the way home my train hit a teenager who was standing on the tracks. The people in the car with me were complaining because they were delayed while the train waited for the coroner. All I could think of was that some mother was about to receive the call all mothers dread. I knew then it was time for our family to leave the city I still love dearly.
- My great-great-grandparents were born slaves. When I was a small child my great-grandmother would tell me the stories they told her about "slavery time." I cannot remember any of them. I wish I could.
- I'm a tea-holic. I don't drink coffee very often, but I have tea every morning. My favorites are Ginger Peach and Earl Grey. And speaking of trivia, did you know that the same couple founded both the original Banana Republic and The Republic of Tea companies? I have a collection of catalogs from Banana Republic before they were bought by The Gap. They're amazingly cool, right?
Who I'm tagging: